Well, it’s back to the real world after a week in Maui. My family, Andrew’s dad’s family and my grandparents (11 of us) all stayed at a huge house on the beach. We had such a great time! It’s always bitter sweet ending a vacation. I will miss the ocean out the living room window, gorgeous sunsets, snorkeling, and mai tai. But I was also missing my two puppies more than ever and my little home and simple life just me and my hubs. I will be sure to share photos and stories this week. Until then, here are a few links that are helping me settle back into the real world.
1. “Which Hawaiian Island is for me?” (Photo by me, leaving Maui) I’ve been to both Oahu and Maui and out of the two Maui was my favorite. I think my next choice would be Kauai. Which island is most you?
2. I absolutely love home makeovers and these room transformations are pretty great.
3. Food blogs for summer that I’m excited to follow.
4. In the past I would pack way too many clothes, but just this summer I’ve embraced packing light.
5. Celebrity bedrooms–it’s fun to see their personalities through their homes.
6. Amazing honeymoon destinations that I am drooling over. Andrew and I went to Saint Lucia for our honeymoon, but definitely did not stay at Jade Mountain. Maybe we’ll make it to one of these top honeymoon locations as a babymoon in a few years. :)
Aloha everyone! I’ll be in Maui for the week relaxing and soaking up loads of vitamin D. Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Recently I had a kale and quinoa salad at Hugo’s and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I wanted to make it at home but with a few tweaks to make it just the way I’d like. When Andrew asked what I was making for dinner I first told him to beware and that it’s uber healthy–kale and quinoa. He likes eating healthy, but kale and quinoa together? and making up the majority of meal? Let’s just say he was skeptical. Along with the super healthy salad I served grilled chicken. And guess what! Andrew loved the salad. He was shocked that he actually liked it. He said he didn’t even taste the kale and that he would definitely have it again. It’s a winner! The next day I had the leftovers for lunch and it kept me full all the way till dinner. Usually around 4 I binge eat everything in sight. I think this is my new go to lunch.
Kale & Quinoa Salad
3 cups cooked tricolor quinoa (1 cup uncooked)
3 cups kale, chopped
5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup walnuts, chopped
5 oz goat cheese
freshly cracked black pepper
Cook quinoa according to package directions. Fluff with a fork and let cool a little. Combine the quinoa, kale, balsamic, oil, cranberries, walnuts, salt and pepper in a large serving bowl. Crumble the goat cheese over top. Serve & enjoy!
Happy Bastille Day! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Andrew and I spent the weekend in the Colorado Rockies breathing. It was such a fun trip exploring the Rocky Mountain National Park. We’re back home and to the real world. Here are a few links to start the week of right.
1. 23 summery French recipes for Bastille Day.
2. When I studied in Paris I was constantly in awe of the simple chic fashion of French women. Love this: How to Dress Like a French Girl.
3. 10 ways to be more French.
4. Yes please: Snickers pop.
5. Gorgeous outdoor flower markets I would love to visit!
6. After seeing Anthropologie’s new bridal line I want to get married all over again.