|the oldest windmill farm in the US, which means you’re getting very close to vacation|
Andrew and I spent the week in Palm Springs. I love that Palm Springs is just two hours away. It makes getting away and getting back home so much easier. Usually when we get home from a vacation we’re completely exhausted and we leave our suitcases full for days and live out of random clothes for weeks. But last night we unpacked everything and even did all our laundry. It felt so good to get home with a little energy, unpack and then relax with our favorite pups. I love vacations, but equally love coming home especially the puppy welcome party.
|exploring the grounds at The Parker|
|with 114° heat an iced Koffi is a must|
|hubby and I still celebrating our anniversary with a dinner at Ruth’s Chris|
|gorgeous nightly sunsets|
Andrew and I recently got back from a week on Isla Mujeres, an island off the coast of Cancun. Isla Mujeres means Island of Women, named because of Mayan statues all over the island of the goddess of fertility that were found when settlers landed on the island. This vacation was a graduation/birthday/anniversary trip. We had the best time. We did plenty of relaxing by the beach and by the pool and enjoyed each others company. We stayed at an all inclusive resort, Isla Mujeres Palace, which was so so nice. We had planned on taking a day trip to Cancun to check out the beaches and resorts over there, but we loved the island so much that we never left. It was perfect for what we were wanting in the trip- relaxation with exploration and adventure. Besides laying on the beach eating steak tacos and drinking mojitos, we swam with dolphins, walked around the island and downtown, and visited a turtle and shark preservation. We had a blast. I highly recommend this island and resort.
|meet my new boyfriend, Picasso|
|the most gorgeous beach- playa norte|
|our daily lunch–steak tacos & mojitos|
|south point of the island|
|turtle and tiger shark preservation|
|sunset while eating dinner on the beach|
My mom and I threw a bridal shower for my cousin over the weekend. It was adorable and I’m super excited to share photos in a post this week. After the party, my house it a mess of decorations, which is probably why most these links revolve around cleaning. I’m ready for some spring cleaning! Happy spring everyone!
1. 12 problems that can be solved with baby powder.
2. How to keep kitchen clutter under control.
3. Andrew and I are coming up on our 2 years in July. Never too early to start planning: DIY versions of traditional anniversary gifts.
4. I’m love coconut oil for many things: cooking, lotion, chapstick… One jar of coconut oil equals 16 household staples across three rooms.
5. When spending a little more money traveling is a good idea. Who else is ready for a vacation?
6. Clever furniture fixes.
I could definitely use some distractions on this Monday morning. I have a bad case of the Monday Blues. Here are a couple links to make the weekend last a little longer. Hope everyone has a good week.
1. Coffee is healthy (YAY!) but here are a few ways to make it healthier.
2. 21 Ways to Unlock Your Creative Genius–def could use some motivation these days.
3. I am obsessed with watching home renovation shows. My dream is to buy a fixer upper and do a major renovation. Here is a complete kitchen renovation with appliances and all that only cost this couple $5,000.
4. The cutest portable meals and snacks you can make in a muffin pan.
5. I’ve started planning our summer vacation and am so excited. We’re trying to make it as low cost as possible, but still enjoying ourselves. I’ll be putting these tips to save money while traveling to good use.
6. Getting the most out of your favorite beauty products..
I haven’t posted in so long! I’ve missed it. I’m getting back in the game after a few weeks off. Hope everyone had a fantastic Super Bowl Sunday! I’m sure no one is ready for the work week so here are a few fun links to give you some distraction.
1. Home 101— things everyone should know.
2. Brides (including me) always say you can re-wear your bridesmaid dress. Here are so good tips that make it easy.
3. This photographer’s extreme close-up shots make these everyday items nearly unrecognizable. (Any guesses as to what the photo above is?)
4. Smart packing tips that will forever change your toiletry bag by saving you from leaks and overpacking.
5. Six foods you’re eating wrong.
6. Best haircuts for your face shape. (after trial and lots of error I’ve learned that longer looks are best on me.)