I could definitely use some distractions on this Monday morning. I have a bad case of the Monday Blues. Here are a couple links to make the weekend last a little longer. Hope everyone has a good week.
1. Coffee is healthy (YAY!) but here are a few ways to make it healthier.
2. 21 Ways to Unlock Your Creative Genius–def could use some motivation these days.
3. I am obsessed with watching home renovation shows. My dream is to buy a fixer upper and do a major renovation. Here is a complete kitchen renovation with appliances and all that only cost this couple $5,000.
4. The cutest portable meals and snacks you can make in a muffin pan.
5. I’ve started planning our summer vacation and am so excited. We’re trying to make it as low cost as possible, but still enjoying ourselves. I’ll be putting these tips to save money while traveling to good use.
6. Getting the most out of your favorite beauty products..
Andrew and I had a really nice weekend. On Saturday we visited my sister at college in Redlands. We basically did a food tour of Redlands. I basically plan every vacation (and every day) around food. I’ll share some photos later this week. Boy, time is just flying by. It’s already mid-November. I can’t believe Thanksgiving is next week. It’s time to plan for the big feast day. Here are two helpful links for Thanksgiving, along with some fun beauty, DIY and decorating links. Happy Monday!
1. A super helpful Thanksgiving timeline to prevent last minute stress and anxiety.
2. Adorable ideas to dress up your Thanksgiving table.
3. How cute are these marbled clay ring dishes?
4. 25 new uses for bobby pins, including DIYs, styling and a bobby pin holder.
5. Smart ways to make the most of a small space.
6. Explanations on cleansing oil. Good to know! I’ll have to give cleansing oil a try!
Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was really fun and felt extra long, which is my goal for every single weekend! We got dinner and saw Interstellar Friday, which helped in elongating our weekend. It was a great weekend and I’m almost ready to start the week… after pursuing these links.
1. How to decorate small spaces for fall. I working on my fall decorations, including my DIY fall wreath.
2.How to make your home look expensive. Yes, please!
3. How dare they–foods lying to you about their origin
4. My husband is into Movember and has quite the beard already. In the next week he’ll be needing these products to keep your guys Movember beard in check.
5. These concealer makeup hacks will come in handy for those unwelcome blemishes.
6. If you happen to have any Halloween candy left: baking with Halloween candy. My is long gone!
Just in the past few weeks it finally starting feeling like fall. I love fall and decorating my house for fall. A few weeks ago I was decorating for Halloween and realized I really only have decorations for Halloween and Christmas. Somehow I don’t have any fall/Thanksgiving decor. All I currently have in our house for fall are several gourds. To add a little fall to our home I made this easy peasy wreath.
The base is a Grapevine Wreath for$4.99. I bought 6 different natural flowers from the Dollar Tree. I cut and separated each flower from the bunches and weaved them through the wreath. To get them to stay I bent the end of wired stem and weaved it through the layers of the wreath. I started with one type of flower and evenly placed each piece in one single direction. Then continued with each type of flower until voila, I have a beautiful (inexpensive) fall wreath.