Good news! The weekend will come back sooner since the 4th of July is Friday. Hurray. My mind is in complete summer mode and beyond ready for a vacation. Here are a few distractions until your summer vacation:
1. I wish I lived near the most amazing spots to watch fireworks this 4th of July.
2. My ripe peaches at home will go to good use with these 11 ways to use peaches.
3. Unique and secluded vacation rentals.
4. I’m bummed I didn’t read this before I booked my summer vacations: 5 dream trips you can actually afford.
5. I plan on makes all 16 recipes for ice pops, paletas, and popsicles this summer.
6. Going to a wedding this summer? What to wear to 6 unconventional weddings.
My in laws and sister in law flew in late last night. I made this pasta ahead of time in case they were hungry after their flight, which they all were. As I was making this pasta I told my husband that this dish screams his name. Pasta, cheese, and sausage. His name written all over it. Forget engagement chicken, this is engagement pasta. (They say if you make a classic roast chicken for your boyfriend it’ll make him propose to you.) What guy doesn’t love pasta, cheese, and sausage. After this dish, Andrew re-proposed.
1 lb penne pasta
1 lb mild Italian sausage
2 jars of pasta sauce (I used Classico Roasted Garlic, but you can also use 2 different kinds)
1 lb mozzarella cheese
Cook the pasta according to the boxes directions until al dente.
If the sausage is in casing, remove from the casing. Cook on medium high heat until browned. Using a flat spatula or wooden spoon break up the sausage into small pieces.
Preheat the oven to 350. Drain the pasta and return back to pot. Add tomato sauces, and half of the cheese. Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray and pour in the pasta. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over top.
Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Summer is officially here! I hope you all had a chance to take in a little sunshine and enjoy the first day of summer. My family and I went to the beach, saw tons of dolphins(!!!), got burgers, took our pups for a walk and it didn’t even get dark until after 8:30! Then on Sunday we had a family BBQ & watched the USA soccer game. It was the perfect weekend to kick off the start of summer! To keep the fun going here are some fun links to check out.
1. To make the games more fun: 32 official(ish) drinks for every country playing in the world cup.
2. Although we may not be needing them so soon here are 7 must have jackets.
3. To look better in your bikini: 25 foods that banish bloat.
4. Getting married this summer? Pre-wedding tips for looking and feeling your absolute best!
5. Summer calls for s’mores and ice cream sandwiches/, including a s’mores ice cream sandwich.
6. Summer salads calling my name.
|being a bridesmaid at my friends gorgeous wedding|
Friday is finally here! This is the first weekend in a while that we have don’t have any plans. And I just realized that this is the last weekend for a month and a half that we are completely free. It feels so nice to have an open weekend. I want to take full advantage to be lazy and enjoy the weekend before all the summer fun begins! What are you all up to this weekend?
|a taste of the tropics from home|
|the biggest red onion I’ve ever seen that my grandparents’ got from a farmers market|
|my bridesmaid bouquet drying on my patio|
|my baby the day she got fixed, but was happy and running around just hours later|