I had a really nice weekend, both productive and fun. Friday date night at Umami with my one and only. Saturday morning resume and Finnish Pancake party with Andrew and my sister. Sunday brunch on the patio. What did you do this weekend?
1. Easy breakfasts, yet impressive for your guests.
2. Genius uses for everyday items.
3. Your personality based on what your lipstick bullet looks like after a lot of use. (My tubes always end up concave.)
4. 17 fun party themes for any occasion.
5. Peanut butter chocolate palmiers.. I know my husband would kill for these.
6. Steps to stop procrastinating. (I could really use these since I’m suppose to be studying for my midterm right now…)
I could definitely use some distractions on this Monday morning. I have a bad case of the Monday Blues. Here are a couple links to make the weekend last a little longer. Hope everyone has a good week.
1. Coffee is healthy (YAY!) but here are a few ways to make it healthier.
2. 21 Ways to Unlock Your Creative Genius–def could use some motivation these days.
3. I am obsessed with watching home renovation shows. My dream is to buy a fixer upper and do a major renovation. Here is a complete kitchen renovation with appliances and all that only cost this couple $5,000.
4. The cutest portable meals and snacks you can make in a muffin pan.
5. I’ve started planning our summer vacation and am so excited. We’re trying to make it as low cost as possible, but still enjoying ourselves. I’ll be putting these tips to save money while traveling to good use.
6. Getting the most out of your favorite beauty products..
I haven’t posted in so long! I’ve missed it. I’m getting back in the game after a few weeks off. Hope everyone had a fantastic Super Bowl Sunday! I’m sure no one is ready for the work week so here are a few fun links to give you some distraction.
1. Home 101— things everyone should know.
2. Brides (including me) always say you can re-wear your bridesmaid dress. Here are so good tips that make it easy.
3. This photographer’s extreme close-up shots make these everyday items nearly unrecognizable. (Any guesses as to what the photo above is?)
4. Smart packing tips that will forever change your toiletry bag by saving you from leaks and overpacking.
5. Six foods you’re eating wrong.
6. Best haircuts for your face shape. (after trial and lots of error I’ve learned that longer looks are best on me.)
It’s back to the real world for me. Back to work and interning. I’m not too thrilled so I’ve distracted myself with a few fun links (and a trip to the mall with my mom). Here are some fun links to distract you all too. Happy Monday!
1. I usually write thank you cards the day after I receive a gift, but I’m behind from Christmas. This cute stationary is just the motivation I need.
2. My favorite reason to go to a game–the food. America’s best NFL stadium eats.
3. The biggest food trends of 2015.
4. A video on how to use dry shampoo.
5. Budget winter beauty buys & DIYS for dry winter skin & lips.
6. I am a huge Disneyland fan, but these Disney treats are worth the trip for those who aren’t biggest fan.
It’s already the weekend for me so I’m a very happy little girl! I have the whole week off! I feel like I haven’t had a moment of down time in the last month so I am truly excited for a little time off. Between finals in grad school, interning at a non-profit, and working part time I was completely overwhelmed. Last week I finished up my fall semester in grad school and only have one semester left! YAY! Then this past Saturday we threw our second annual Christmas party. We had 60 people come by our home. I absolutely love welcoming our family and friends into our home, celebrating the season and catching up with loved ones. Our house is still a little bit of a mess, but it’s just a reminder of how much fun everyone had.
1. What a fun idea– mulled wine syrup that can be poured over ice cream. yum.
2. Holiday playlist that can be added to your traditional playlist.
3. How to pack for a week in a carry on in case you are one of the many traveling this holiday season.
4. How to make the most adorable holiday cutout cookies.
5. Last minute gifts under $10— stocking stuffers?
6. Gorgeous wintery white flower arrangement how to.