Since the first time Andrew heard of a bar cart he wanted one. I was a little wishy washy for a few reasons. All the ones I like are super expensive, our friends would drink all our alcohol, and I had no clue where we could put it. Over the summer I went to a charity design house in The Hamptons. Walking through the house made me want to redecorate my entire house and backyard. Since that is not realistic I did find a few small updates we could manage. One of the things I loved was a bar cart. I was then determined to find a cute and affordable bar cart. I had looked on Etsy and eBay for cheaper options, but still craved the gorgeous bar carts from West Elm, Crate & Barrel, and Restoration Hardware. I finally found this genius IKEA Hack made from a utility cart. These bloggers inspired my bar cart: Carrie Bradshaw Lied and Scandalous Beauty. Besides putting the IKEA utility cart together (which can be a challenge in itself) there is just one other step. I’m in love with how it turned out! It fits perfectly in the little corner of our dining room and I especially love the price tag (only $40!).
1. Put the skeleton of the cart together, without the wheels or shelves. Note my boo boo below. I attached the handle facing the wrong way. Learn from me and do it right.
2. Place the cart on cardboard/paper in a well ventilated area.
3. Spray away! I used metalic gold. Don’t get too close or it’ll make a weird ripple.
4. Let it dry.
5. Carefully attach the shelves and wheels. Add your alcohol, glasses, and any other fun touches. (Straws, pictures, cocktail book…)
6. Enjoy your libations in style. 🙂